I am not a professional makeupartist, I just love makeup. But I stille thought I would share some makeup tips with you.
When you choose eyeshadow for blue eyes, it's best to choose colours that will contrast with your natural eye color. Shades of brown, orange, copper, plum, taupe, blacks, charcoal, pink, violet, lilac, silver or gold would be the best choice for blue eyes and will help blue eyes appear even bluer. Blue shades wont enhance the beauty of your blue eyes, unless it is super dark blue.
Again contrast is good to keep in mind. Plum is really good, deep purple, mauve, pink, dark gray, charcoals, all shades of brown, black. Greens are not the best choice, if you wanna bring out the green eye colour.
Deep shades of blue, plum, gold, vanilla, shades of purple and violet, nutmeg would be the best choice for brown eyes. Metalic in gold, bronze, browns and pinks help brown eyes stand out in the most attractive way. Shades lighter than your eyes give your eyes natural look while darker shades will bring your eyes dramatic look. Three tones of eyeshadow are better.
How to apply:
1. Apply light tones eyeshadow from lash to brow. Use neutral eyeshadow.
2. Apply medium-toned eyeshadow in the crease and blend up to the brow bone.
3. Apply dark eyeshadow on outer corner of the eyelid.
4. Apply a bit of white, mother of pearl og a white-shimmery shadow in the inner corners of your eyes, to make them look brighter. If you want to emphasize your brows, apply the same colours under the middle to the outer corner of your brows.
5. Line the wet side of your lower lash line with a white, cream or very soft yellow to open your eyes.
6. Apply mascara on upper and lower lashes.
If you have small eyes like me, I wont recommend lining your upper AND lower lash line with black or any very dark colour. It will make them look smaller. If you do want to line the lower lash line, do it under your lashes (if that makes sense) and with a soft line such as an eyeshadow or smudge your liner.